Merry Christmas Gingerbread Cookies
We made these cookies with the kids this year and had a ball! It is a fun activity to do with small children as they stamp out shapes, roll the dough and get to decorate their cookies. They also make wonderful and thoughtful gifts too.
These Gingerbread Cookies are Delicious and Healthy. They are Vegan, Gluten free, Dairy Free, Nut free and Refined sugar free so can be shared with everyone.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
1/2 cup molasses
4 cups gluten free flour **
1/2 TBS Baking powder
1tsp baking soda
1 cup coconut sugar
2tsp ginger powder
1tsp cinnamon powder
1/2tsp nutmeg powder
1/2tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup rice bran oil
1/4 cup water
** I use Bob Red Mills Gluten free flour. You can also use Organic spelt flour too, that is not gluten free.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a stand mixer bowl with beater attachment, add the molasses, rice bran oil, vanilla coconut sugar. Mix on low speed until completely mixed.
- Pour the dry ingredients in the stand mixer and mix until completely mixed. Dough should be dark, sticky, and sweet.
- Roll ⅓ of the dough in between two silicone baking sheets until 1cm thick.
- Dip your cookie cutters into a little flour before cutting out shapes so they don't stick to the dough. Peel away the dough surrounding the gingerbread man cookies and transfer the silicone sheet or lined baking tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, then carefully transfer the silicone sheet onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Keep re-rolling the dough and baking until all the dough is used up. These cookies are best served the day they are made, but will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days.
Sweet Williams White chocolate melted. This can be used instead of royal icing. It is egg free, nut free, dairy and refined sugar free.
Cranberries, goji berries, currants, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut .
Merry Christmas to you and Your family. Take care of one another and stay safe through the Holidays.
Alkalise and Energise Your Way to Optimal Health With our Popular Products.
For those on our mailing list, here is a special offer to Save $100 off your first Blood Analysis Consultation. This is for New Clients and available until January 15th 2018. Use the promo code VIEWMYBLOOD at checkout to receive your discount.
For more information or to book your appointment on Live Blood Analysis click on this link. Live Blood Analysis
Eat Well! Be Well & Enjoy Life!
Naturopath & Live Blood Microscopist
Want to know more about us?